About this wrote on his Facebook page the commander of the “Donbass” battalion Semen Sementchenko.
As Sementchenko stated referencing the data from Donetsk border detachment, the military equipment crossed the border near the Ukrainian city of Novoazovsk, which is located on the coast of the Azov Sea. About 40 armored vehicles moved into the area of Mariupol, and the rest of the machines – towards settlements Kuteynikovo, Amvrosievka and Ilovajsk. According to Sementchenko, armor vehicles clashed with Ukrainian scout, and one person got wounded.
According to the commander of the battalion, which is located in an area where the military equipment supposedly got blocked, towards it were sent mobile teams with anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM), and anti-aircraft guns on mobile platforms.
Deputy battalion commander of the Ukrainian army “Azov” Igor Mosiychuk in turn wrote that about 30 tanks with a “shaded markings of the Russian Federation under the symbols of the so-called “DPR” moved into the territory of Ukraine. In addition, he said, in an area of Novoazovsk “a lot of “Grads” and howitzers” crossed the border. Ukrainian military entered into an unequal battle and are trying to stop the military machines. At the same time, according to Mosiychuk, militia and Russian troops are firing with grenades at a bread-baking complex in Novoazovsk.
As claims on his Facebook page the head of the Center for Military and Political Studies, coordinator of the group based in Kiev “Information resistance” Dmitry Tymchuk, after crossing the border Ukrainian troops “broke up” the convoy by stopping part of it with fire. According to Tymchuk, ten armored vehicles, two tanks and two “KamAZ” trucks are trying to move deep into the territory of Ukraine Ukrainian, and security forces “are taking action to destroy” those vehicles.
On the page of the press center of the anti-terrorist operation it is reported that this morning a mixed convoy of armored vehicles tried to cross the border near the village and Novoazovsk and the village of Scherbak. Ukrainian border guards started a fight and stopped the convoy, the fight is still going on, according to the report. Within two days supposedly Ukrainian border guards have been under fire from the Russian territory between Novoazovsk and the village of Uspenka.
The first about the convoy of Russian troops that allegedly entered the territory of Ukraine, reported on Monday morning the Ukrainian television channel TSN citing a serviceman from the Donetsk border patrol. According to him, armored vehicles fired at Novoazovsk and went into the direction of Mariupol. Armored vehicles, according to the serviceman, had the flag of air assault forces installed on them. Moreover, the military personnel counted “at least ten tanks.”
At the same time, the press service of the Donetsk border patrol told to the TV channel that they don’t have any information about the Russian invasion.
Administrator of the group “Sinister Novoazovsk” in “VKontakte” social network writes about the shelling of the city supposedly from mortars and multiple rocket launcher systems “Grad”.
Earlier on Monday, the first vice-premier of the self-proclaimed “People’s Republic of Donetsk” Andrew Purgin said to “Interfax” that the militias are planning to go through Novoazovsk and get to Mariupol by using new tactics. Thus, according to Purgin, separatists will be fully circling the forces of the National Guard of Ukraine near Ilovajsk.
Over the weekend, the headquarters of the militia reported that separatists began fighting to access to the Sea of Azov at the Ukrainian border with the Russia by firing at the security forces positions near Novoazovsk from the village of Telmanovo.
In addition, the headquarters of the DPR army informed of the formation of three infantry brigades and a volunteer regiment, as well as of a change in tactics. “Based on the existing militia detachments we formed three infantry brigades. From Ukrainian servicemen who voluntarily transitioned to DPR and the miners of Donbass we additionally created a separate volunteer regiment, “- it was said in a statement by the DPR Army headquarters on Sunday. “We made a decision to abandon operations using small units and to transition to military operations using full-fledged compounds and individual military units that have in their possession a full set of fire support”, – the report says.